Where has all the style gone?!

Have you noticed how very little style there is in everyday life? I was out running a few errands, including my oh-so-crucial visit to the local coffee brewing company, and I got very upset at how unsightly everything is. The freshly brewed coffee and yummy apricot bar momentarily made me feel better, but I can not escape how unsettled I felt about the void of beauty in necessary objects.

Cars used to be beautiful. They used to have style. You can't get more stylish than white walls!



Why does 'environmentally friendly' and 'green' equal void of all style and loveliness?





Is it laziness? Is it that everything is designed by computers and assembled on assembly lines, so beauty is the first to get sacrificed? I refuse to believe that style has to be lost for reality or function.

Do these pictures make you feel good?







Ahhhhh - these are much better.